Monday 31 March 2014

The other side of the French New Wave

Throughout the module about French New Wave I had the chance to see one great film after the other many of which I hadn't even heard of before. For this reason I want to share some of the less known titles with you and advice you to watch them because they each represent different facets of the movement and you will notice that the 'New Wave' had many more components rather than Francois Truffaut and Jean-Luc Godard only!
I put them in order according to my personal taste (I excluded the most famous such as The 400 Blows, Breathless, Pierrot le Fou and Hiroshima Mon Amour):

1. Lola, Jacques Demy (1961)


This scene is breathtaking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_8CLIPumEw


2. The Dreamers, Bernardo Bertolucci (2003)



3. Les Bonnes Femmes, Claude Chabrol (1960)



4. Cléo de 5 à 7, Agnès Varda (1962)


No comments:

Post a Comment