Wednesday 3 July 2013

My Favourite Films of All Time - Part 1

After hearing this question for years : "What's your favourite film?", I have decided that I can't  pick one only, I love too many. So here's the first part of my favourite films of all time. Enjoy!

Breathless, Jean Luc Godard (1960)


"What is your greatest ambition in life?"
"To become immortal...and then die."


Jules and Jim, Francois Truffaut (1962)


"You said, 'I love you,' I said, 'Wait.' I was going to say, 'Take me,' you said, 'Go away.' "


Vertigo, Alfred Hitchcock (1958)


"Only one is a wanderer; two together are always going
somewhere."


2001: A Space Odyssey, Stanley Kubrick (1968)


"It seems to go on forever and ever and Oh my God it's full of stars."


The Shining, Stanley Kubrick (1980)


 "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."


Eyes Wide Shut, Stanley Kubrick (1999)



 "No dream is ever just a dream."


8 1/2, Federico Fellini (1963)


"The truth is: I do not know... I seek... I have not yet found. Only with this in mind can I feel alive and look at you without shame."


Amarcord, Federico Fellini (1973)


 "I want a woman!"


Some Like it Hot, Billy Wilder (1959)


 "Jerry: Have I got things to tell you!
Joe: What happened?
Jerry: I'm engaged.
Joe: Congratulations. Who's the lucky girl?
Jerry: I am! "


Once Upon a Time in America, Sergio Leone (1984)




"Deborah Gelly: Been waiting long?
Noodles: All my life." 



No comments:

Post a Comment