Monday 15 July 2013

My Favourite Films of All Time - Part 4

Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans, F.W. Murnau (1927)


 "For wherever the sun rises and sets, in the city's turmoil or under the open sky on the farm, life is much the same; sometimes bitter, sometimes sweet."


The Searchers, John Ford (1956)


 "That'll be the day." 


Rebel Without a Cause, Nicholas Ray (1955)


"If I had one day when I didn't have to be all confused and I didn't have to feel that I was ashamed of everything. If I felt that I belonged someplace. You know?"


Juno, Jason Reitman (2007)


 "Juno MacGuff: I think I'm in love with you.
Paulie Bleeker: You mean as friends?
Juno MacGuff: No... I mean for real. 'Cause you're, like, the coolest person I've ever met, and you don't even have to try, you know..."


 Girl, Interrupted, James Mangold (1999)

  
 "Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60s. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted."


Red, Krzysztof Kieslowski (1994)



 "Perhaps you're the woman I never met."


The Breakfast Club, John Hughes (1985)


"Dear Mr. Vernon, we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. What we did *was* wrong. But we think you're crazy to make an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us... In the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain...
...and an athlete...
...and a basket case...
...a princess...
...and a criminal...
Does that answer your question?... Sincerely yours, the Breakfast Club."


Thelma and Louise, Ridley Scott (1991)



 "You finally got laid properly, I'm so proud."


Solaris, Andrej Tarkovskij (1972)



 "You love that which you can lose, yourself, a woman, a country."


Gone With the Wind, Victor Fleming (1939)



 "No, I don't think I will kiss you, although you need kissing, badly. That's what's wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how."
















No comments:

Post a Comment