Friday 5 July 2013

My Favourite Films of All Time - Part 2

The Nightmare Before Christmas, Tim Burton (1993)


 "Oh, there's an empty place in my bones
That calls out for something unknown
The fame and praise come year after year
Does nothing for these empty tears."


Last Tango in Paris, Bernardo Bertolucci (1972)




"No, no! I don't, I don't want to know your name. You don't have a name, and I don't have a name, either. No names here. Not one na me."

The Godfather, Francis Ford Coppola (1972)




"I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse."

The Godfather Part II, Francis Ford Coppola (1974)



"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone."


Pulp Fiction, Quentin Tarantino (1994)



 "That's when you know you've found somebody special. When you can just shut the fuck up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence."


Kill Bill 2, Quentin Tarantino (2004)



"Clark Kent is how Superman views us. And what are the characteristics of Clark Kent? He’s weak, he’s unsure of himself, he’s a coward. Clark Kent is Superman’s critique on the whole human race."


Forrest Gump, Robert Zemeckis (1994)




"I'm not a smart man... but I know what love is."

Casablanca, Michael Curtiz (1942)


 "Here's looking at you, kid."

Rear Window, Alfred Hitchcock (1954)


 "When two people love each other, they come together - WHAM - like two taxis on Broadway."
  
Taxi Driver, Martin Scorsese (1976)

 
 "Shit... I'm waiting for the sun to shine."




No comments:

Post a Comment