Tuesday 9 July 2013

My Favourite Films of All Time - Part 3

La vita è bella (Life is Beautiful), Roberto Benigni (1997)






"Buongiorno, Principessa!


Grease, Randal Kleiser (1978)


 "Men are rats, listen to me, they're fleas on rats, worse than that, they're amoebas on fleas on rats. I mean, they're too low for even the dogs to bite. The only man a girl can depend on is her daddy."



 Mean Girls, Mark Waters (2004)



“I’m a mouse, duh.”


All About My Mother, Pedro Almodovar (1999)



 "Well, as I was saying, it costs a lot to be authentic, ma'am. And one can't be stingy with these things because you are more authentic the more you resemble what you've dreamed of being."


Blade Runner, Ridley Scott (1982)



 "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."


Fargo, Joel and Ethan Coen (1996)



"So that was Mrs. Lundegaard on the floor in there. And I guess that was your accomplice in the wood chipper. And those three people in Brainerd. And for what? For a little bit of money. There's more to life than a little money, you know. Don'tcha know that? And here ya are, and it's a beautiful day. Well. I just don't understand it."


Manhattan, Woody Allen (1979)

 

 "I think people should mate for life, like pigeons or Catholics."


Annie Hall, Woody Allen (1977)


 "Love is too weak a word for what I feel - I luuurve you, you know, I loave you, I luff you, two F's, yes I have to invent, of course I - I do, don't you think I do?"



The 400 Blows, Francois Truffaut (1959)



 "After this I can't live with my parents anymore. I've got to disappear."


The Graduate, Mike Nichols (1967)



 "Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me."


2 comments:

  1. beautiful list........... just stumbled across..... :)

    ReplyDelete